What does it do?
This advanced PHP script is designed to be a webmaster tool for your PHP template web site. It uses a MySQL database to track web site visitors online from the last 15 minutes. You can see what pages they click on. It has features like IP address, host lookup, online time, city, state, country, geolocation maps and more. Nothing is permanently logged except for a few records.
What does it look like?
You can see it in use on my Who's Online page. My page is password protected to protect my user's privacy, but there is a screenshot.jpg included in the download. See the geolocation maps on my Who's Online Maps page.
How use it?
Just download the file, follow the step by step instructions, then upload it to your web server. Please refer to the readme-install.txt file in the download zip file for install instructions.
Some of the many features include:
- Shows Search bots, Visitors, and You
- Time Online
- Entry Time
- Last Click Time
- Last URL Visited
- Referrer URL
- Visitor count
- Max visitors today, month, year, all time
- Language variables, easy to translate
- Supports tracking of php pages and non-php pages like .htm, .html, etc
- Tested code (has been running on several sites with no problems)
- XHTML Transitional compliant
- Geolocation map images contributed by Jim McMurry at jcweather.us (Thanks Jim)
- Password protect for admin only usage (protects your visitor's privacy)
- Show or hide Bots, Refresh rate, Profile display
- Timezone configurable
- Hide ip addresses if you want
- "Location plugin" included: adds country, city, state, latitude & longitude.
Inspired by the osCommerce contribution "Who's Online Enhancement".
Thanks to all the WD forum users who contributed ideas and code.
Uses GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from www.maxmind.com
This php code provided "as is," and Long Beach Weather (Michael Challis) disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including (without limitation) any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Use of this code signifies your acceptance.